Sunday, December 20, 2009

Steve McIntyre on Fox news special tonight about #Climategate

Fox News is running a one-hour special on climate tonight at 9 p.m. [6PM PST]
(which is being re-aired on Wednesday, I think.)
I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I was interviewed in Toronto by Fox News when they were in Toronto for the Munk Debates (Dec 1) - Nigel Lawson and Bjorn Lomborg v George Monbiot and Elizabeth May (Green Party of Canada leader). It's my understanding that they will be using some of this footage in one of the segments of the program tonight.
They were extremely well prepared for the interview to say the least, even being acquainted with as small a nuance of the debate as the Starbucks Hypothesis. I suspect that I'm going to look pretty weary in the interview - I was in the process of going through the Climategate Letters, which are discourging even for third party readers.
I think that the producers are trying to make the show more nuanced than the usual effort in this field (on either side). Not an easy task.
==========================
For those who don't know what the "Starbucks Hypothesis" is:
"Can a scientist have a cup of Starbucks coffee in the morning, head to the mountains and do tree ring sampling, and be back home in time for dinner"?
Full post here http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/12/20/steve-mcintyre-on-fox-news-special-tonight-about-climategate/

Posted via email from Garth's posterous

No comments: