Saturday, October 17, 2009

Meghan McCain's Apparently Final Word On Cleavage-Gate


As I prefer a well stacked pair of speedos or briefs myself, I really haven't paid much attention to this ridiculous controversy over...well, in one sense over a quite nice set of breasts, and in another over nothing much at all.

Here's the "offending" photo.

05_Flatbed_2 - OCTOBER

While my suspicion is that red-blooded (and straight) teenage boys would be rushing to the bathroom and locking the door..............sorry, I got distracted for some reason, um, where was I?.........oh yes, that's right, despite the fact that Ms McCain (the daughter of Senator John McCain apparently) is "hot" and something of a "babe" (going by this photo), I think it does need to be pointed out that she HAS HER CLOTHES ON!

Bloody hell, she shows off her womanly curves and this is supposed to be shocking and the stuff of controversy?

It's supposed to be embarrassing for the Republican Party?

Fuck off! It's just what the fucking Republican Party needs.

Here's an election poster put out by CDU candidate Vera Lengsfeld for the recent German election, which includes a picture of both her and the party leader, Angela Merkel, displaying a fair amount of cleavage with the slogan "We have more to offer."

Cheeky, fun and effective (particularly as I think Lengsfeld might have won the seat she was contesting).

Merkel's 'weapons of mass destruction': The campaign poster showing lots of German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Vera Lengsfeld, a member of the conservative Christian Democrats (CDU)

McCain has her say on Cleavage-Gate here.
To be honest, I don’t feel that I have anything to feel ashamed of. I’ve always embraced my curves and will continue to do so. I’d rather be the size I am than a skinny model fired for being too fat. And once again, a day after writing about my weight, it’s the media that have a problem with my body.

You can follow her on Twitter if you like http://twitter.com/McCainBLogette

Posted via email from Garth's posterous