Saturday, June 20, 2009

Obama & Gays: The Problem is the (Broken) Promises

Daniel from Gay Patriot this time:
 
As I worked on Pajamas piece on the President’s benefits package for the same-sex partners of federal employees, I kept coming across articles and blog posts indicating the disappointment and even betrayal gay Democrats feel at the President’s failure to follow through on the campaign promises he made to our community.  This morning, when I checked my e-mail, my in-box was inundated with missives from readers alerting me to other such posts and articles.
 
After my mid-day workout when I returned home to surf the web and blog, I found more such pieces, with straight blogger Glenn Reynolds alone linking three four just today.
 
While I certainly understand their frustration of gay Democrats, I almost feel like telling them, “I told you so.”  (I guess I just did that.)
 
Democratic politicians, with a few notable exceptions, have an uncanny habit of breaking the promises they make to gay people.
 

Posted via email from Garth's posterous

No comments: