Thursday, June 18, 2009

Faith-based discrimination

A good indication of the madness of the times:
 
MIT [atmospheric] physicist and warmy sceptic Richard Lindzen:
In our recent house fire, an 18th century oriental rug was burnt, and we needed an appraisal of its value for our insurance. We were referred to a dealer, [name withheld], who agreed to do the appraisal.
 
A routine enough process, you’d think. But the art dealer objected on religious grounds:
I am sorry to inform you that after some consideration, I’ve decided not to perform the appraisal service that you’ve requested. Your writing on the subject of global warming is offensive to me personally, and I feel that I would have difficulty being an impartial appraiser of value given my view on the subject.
 

Posted via email from Garth's posterous

2 comments:

Brentbo said...

Dear Unnamed Art Dealer,

Thank you ever so much for your sanctimonious hissy-fit earlier this month. It reveals even more the intellectual bankruptcy of the warmerist movement -- a difficult task indeed. I'm grateful for having been acquainted with Professor Lindzen's work and also Steve Milloy's blog and book Green Hell. Finally, you've driven a bit of traffic to Tim Blair and Garth Godsman, always a good thing. Not bad for a day's work!

I was wondering if you could refuse to appraise an antique bookcase of mine? I could double your usual fee, and if it would help I could publish a summary of my own views regarding pompous, dogmatic environmentalist assholes.

Hoping to hear from you at your earliest convenience,

I Remain,
Your Servant,
Brentbo

Garth Godsman said...

Hmmm, I might pinch that too mate!